- 23 full summers at camps across the country (e.g., from California to Maine and world
(i.e., Australia and New Zealand).
- Camp characteristics included: both centralized and decentralized camps; from
1 – 8 weeks; camp sizes from 60 children to over 400; single gender and coed
– agency, religiously affiliated, independent for profit, and
independent not for profit; and from free to $1500 per week.
- Has been a director of a camp with 400 children and 115 staff, and a camp with
90 children and 54 staff.
- Directed three different summer camps, currently at www.campaugusta.org
- Camp is sold out every year with only $120 spent on marketing annually (web server)
- Camper and staff return rates in the 80-90% range (depending on year)
- Doctorate in psychology with concentrations in developmental, social, and
- Conducted several original camp outcome, research evaluations
- Taught at 3 universities, including child development at Westmont